Monday, September 15, 2008

Guitar Hero Madness

This is my current obsession and PS3 gratification for the time being. Yes people, I have joined the league of Guitar Hero freaks and am one with the masses of wannabe rockers with little (or none) REAL guitaring skills. Yes yes I know, it sounds lame in theory; simulating guitar playing with only 5 notes and a strum "button" (who strums a button?). But don't knock till you've tried it, 'cause it is... (dramatic pause) AWESOME!

I owe it all to a good buddy from high school who introduced me to this beautiful piece of musical simulation. He has a PS3 as well but it was out of comission so he allowed me to borrow his Guitar Hero game and the guitar controller for about 3 weeks. I was hooked at the first note.

About a week ago, my mum gave me an advance on my allowance so I could get my own Guitar Hero! I decided to buy the Aerosmith version of Guitar Hero because it was new and the guitar looked pretty awesome.


Awesome ain't it?

But after playing it for a bit, I kind of wished I bought Guitar Hero 3 instead. The Aerosmith version was pretty cool because it combines a documentary about Aerosmith with the career mode. But the song selection was pretty... meh. Too much old school rock. Thank goodness I can swap it with my high school buddy for his Guitar Hero 3 (that's what friends are for; trading games you don't like :D).

Ah well, I'm playing hard mode right now which is the second hardest mode. You have to play all 5 of the buttons in hard. I still can't pass all the songs yet (ok more like, I can't pass a good portion of the harder song). But practicing and (eventually) succeding is half the fun. I guess that's all for now. Go to get back to rockin'. I want to pass Through the Fire and Flames by the end of this month :D.

Keep on rockin' dudes.

PS: I think I'm losing motor function in my left hand from Guitar Hero strain *gasp* D:

2 comments:

fernfern said...

rock on dude!*headbutt*

kelvin said...

ahahaha..i owned one back in the States..to bad i had to sell it cuz imy parents wont agree on me playing back here^^ lolz..