Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I need strength..

Still
Words and Music by Reuben Morgan

Verse1
Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

Chorus
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Verse2
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

During the dark periods of my life, this song never failed to give me hope and strength. The beautiful assurance of being able to rest in God and know that everything's going to ok. I remember sharing in youth some time ago about Peter and his experience of walking water. Whatever storms we're trying to navigate through, we'll never sink as long as we're looking towards God. But so many times we see the wind and are afraid much like Peter. But it good to know that despite our lack of faith, Jesus is there to reach out and lift us above the stormy waters.

As I write these words, I hope someone struggling out there will know that God's not going to let you sink. As I write these words I also want to encourage myself. It's been one of those days. Days that remind you that being a youth leader is not easy. I know, it's never easy, but some days are just tougher than others. To see so much effort, so many prayers, so much time, so much patience, so many teachings, so much listening, so much caring... fall to pieces in one of your youths. I'm far from perfect, but I know I must have done some good in my service. To have it gone completely unnoticed by the very person that I'm doing them for, it's heartbreaking. And I'm not talking about favours or the sorts, I don't mind if favours I do go unnoticed. But to have the compassion and patience shrugged off... I'm at a lost of words.

But don't worry about me, I know things will turn out ok in the end. I know these things are normal. I know that God will give me strength. I know I know I know. But for now, I'm just feeling a little down. I'm praying and I'm waiting. Don't worry, I'll rise on wings of eagles soon enough.

2 comments:

fernfern said...

Hang in there kor! God will surely help us get through our darkness moments in life! :D

Jelineloh said...

It's okay God will see u thru the seasons!!! =] Just look to him & wait on Him! =]