Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I was at a car wash...

I was at a car wash on Sunday with my sister when she said, "Wah, very worth it" as we saw all the dirt and grime being washed away. I confess that I am horrible at keeping my car clean, inside and out. Which is one of the reasons that prompted going to the car wash. Anyway, back to what my sister said, it made me think a little. Every person who parks there pays RM8 for the wash. We all get the same treatment; soap, rinse, dry and vacuum. But I believe no one else walked away feeling as happy as I did. As I stared at my shiny black Kembara I said to myself, "That was RM8 well spent". Why was that so? Well plainly because my car was by far the dirtiest car among the lot.

My thoughts then turned to the salvation that we receive through the death of Jesus Christ. We all received the same salvation. Jesus suffered to the same degree for all of us; none more, none less. But then again some of us seem to appreciate this eternal gift so much more, so much so they give their lives entirely to God. More often that not, these zealous brothers and sisters are what some may consider the "dirtiest among the lot". It is the people who recognize their dirty condition and then experience the cleansing touch of God that appreciate salvation the most. As long as we feel that we're "ok", we'll never be able to embrace the forgiveness of God. Isn't it high time we let God forgive us?

Last night, as I lied in bed, I thought of all the demons of my past. Things that I am not proud of. Things that I still struggle with a to a certain degree. At times I wondered, God why of all the kind of struggles, You had to give me such a difficult one. But I guess I would not appreciate salvation as I do now had I not had to struggle with such sins. So, thanks God, for making me wonderfully made.

No comments: